Art is not extracurricular -- it is essential. Art generates creative thinkers who drive innovation, inspire empathy and define culture. Creativity is the core of innovation. Without it, we compromise the future's leading minds in Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math.
During ArtPrize 2016, the STEAM Village -- powered by Switch -- was visited by thousands of families and students who experienced immersive hands-on STEAM activities.
- Planet3: An immersive game-based platform that explores the planet's history and future
- Tilt Brush: A virtual reality experience
- Code.org: An online coding program
- 2015 Public Vote Grand Prize Winner, Northwood Awakening
- 2015 Juried Grand Prize Winner, Higher Ground
Over 800 middle and high school students attended different educational programs designed for school groups visiting the STEAM Village, including a talk with Dr. Albert Yu-Min Lin -- an internationally renowned scientist, innovator, technologist, entrepreneur, National Geographic Explorer, and the Chief Science Officer of Planet3.